Cottonwood AZ (July 13, 2018) – Due to the recent monsoon rains, the Verde Valley Fire District is rescinding fire restrictions effective Friday, July 13, 2018 at 8:00am.
Open burning will be allowed in the Fire District with activation of a valid burn permit, within the limit of Arizona State Law, ARS 49-501 and Arizona Department of Environmental Quality.
Residents are still encouraged to exercise caution and good judgement. The following suggestions will help keep you and our community safe:
- Locate your grill at least 10 feet from combustibles (home, wood piles, vegetation, etc.).
- Charcoal should be placed in a metal container and soaked with water after use to ensure complete extinguishment.
- A competent, unimpaired adult should be in attendance until the fire is DEAD OUT!
- Discard smoking material in proper waste receptacles.
- Prevent safety tow chains from dragging on the asphalt creating sparks.
We always recommend a 30 foot perimeter that is clear of vegetation and/or combustible materials around your home and out buildings. One less spark equals one less wild fire.
Please contact Verde Valley Fire District Fire Inspector Kyla Rolfes or Fire Chief Nazih Hazime at 634-2578 if you have any questions. Have a safe and enjoyable summer!