Sedona News – The Arizona Department of Transportation is advising drivers and area residents and businesses to plan for upcoming daytime full closures and overnight restrictions on State Route 89A in Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon beginning Sunday morning, Dec. 3, to Saturday morning, Dec. 9.
DAYTIME FULL CLOSURES
- SR 89A will be closed to all traffic from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. between the Owenby Way roundabout and the Midgley Bridge picnic area (mileposts 375-376).
- NORTHBOUND DETOUR: Sedona area drivers traveling north to Flagstaff will use State Route 179 to Interstate 17.
- SOUTHBOUND DETOUR: Flagstaff area drivers traveling south to Sedona will use I-17 to SR 179.
- From 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. the closure will be lifted to clear traffic approximately every 30 minutes starting at the top of the hour.
- From 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. the closure will be lifted to clear traffic approximately once per hour at the top of the hour.
The restrictions are needed for rockfall mitigation as work continues on the SR 89A Oak Creek Canyon Improvements project.