Sedona News – The Arizona Department of Transportation is advising drivers and area residents and businesses to plan for upcoming daytime full closures and lane restrictions on State Route 89A in Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon. See the map of ADOT work locations.
DAYTIME FULL CLOSURES
- Full closures will be from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the following days:
- Tuesday, June 20 through Thursday June 22.
- Tuesday, June 27 and Wednesday, June 28.
- North- and southbound SR 89A will be closed to all traffic between the Owenby Way roundabout and the Midgley Bridge picnic area (mileposts 375-376).
- NORTHBOUND DETOUR: Sedona area drivers traveling north to Flagstaff will use State Route 179 to Interstate 17.
- SOUTHBOUND DETOUR: Flagstaff area drivers traveling south to Sedona will use I-17 to SR 179.
- The roadway will reopen each day after work hours.
- SR 89A will be intermittently narrowed to one lane only with alternating north- and southbound travel between the Owenby Way roundabout and Oak Creek Vista (mileposts 375-390). The restrictions will be in place from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m from June 5 to 16 and on June 19, 23, 26, 29 and 30.
- Flaggers and a pilot car will guide traffic through the work zone.
- Speed limit will be reduced in the work zone.
- No work will take place on the weekends.
- The restrictions will be lifted each day after work hours.
The restrictions are needed as work continues on the SR 89A Oak Creek Canyon Improvements project, which includes rockfall mitigation, erosion control and a bridge rehabilitation.
Please visit azdot.gov/SR89A for additional project information or contact Community Relations Project Manager Jason Stephens at (480) 751-7104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedules are subject to change based on weather and other unforeseen factors. For more information, call the ADOT Bilingual Project Information Line at 855.712.8530 or email email@example.com.