Cottonwood AZ (November 8, 2019) – On October 31, 2019, at 6 AM, Detectives with the Partner Against Narcotics Trafficking task force (PANT), along with assistance from Cottonwood Police Officers, Yavapai County Sheriff’s Deputies and personnel from the State’s Gang & Immigration Intelligence Team Enforcement Mission (GIITEM) task force, served a search warrant in the 3000 block of E State Route 89A, in Cottonwood, Arizona.
In recent weeks, PANT detectives received information regarding an illegal marijuana grow, general drug sales, weapons violations, etc., at a property on State Route 89A in the Bridgeport area near Cottonwood.
When the search warrant was served, several persons were detained including the eight suspects identified below. One male fled the property as officers approached and was not caught.
During the search of suspect Turner’s bedroom, detectives found a spoon with meth residue, 1 bindle, 11 used syringes, 1 broken meth pipe with residue, 1 bong, plastic tube with residue, 1 bag with marijuana and 1 jar with marijuana. In the living room occupied by Hockett and Hemmer-Jackson, detectives located 6 jars of marijuana and plastic container with marijuana, 1 glass jar with marijuana, 3 cell phones, 1 glass pipe with meth residue, 3 marijuana pipes with residue, 1 methamphetamine pipe with residue, and 1 homemade Gatorade bottle meth bong with residue.
In the kitchen, 2 marijuana plants in individual flower pots, and a “Kit” containing 1 Marijuana pipe with residue, and 2 meth pipes with residue.
Detectives noted suspect Mcafee had been contacted in August regarding an illegal Marijuana grow on his property and given an opportunity to either discard the grow or obtain proper licensing. Mcafee failed to do either. During the search of his room the following items were found: 1 New England 20-gauge shotgun, 2 Remington .22 caliber rifles, digital scale, 3 jars with marijuana seeds and marijuana, 3.5 grams of marijuana in a black bag, 3 marijuana pipes with residue and 1 methamphetamine pipe with residue, 1 jar of marijuana and marijuana seeds, 3 marijuana pipes, about 2 grams of heroin, a useable quantity of heroin in plastic jar, a note pad with a “Pay and Owe” ledger, 11 jars of marijuana; 1 bong with methamphetamine residue, a useable quantity of methamphetamine, and 1 tinfoil with more heroin residue.
During a search of suspect Ellison, personal items and living space, he was found to be in possession of several used syringes and 1/2 gram methamphetamine.
While Officers were clearing the secondary structure on the property, suspect William Fourzan was contacted in an office area converted into his living space. In the room was 2 clear jars containing Marijuana (weighing 1/2 ounce), a Marijuana grinder with Marijuana inside, Marijuana bong, and a used Methamphetamine pipe with residue.
Mills and O’Leary were arrested based on drug access/possession/ use in common areas of the property.
The investigation resulted in the arrest of 8 suspects identified and charged as follows –
- Travis Alan Mcafee, 41, Possession of Marijuana, Cultivating Marijuana, Possession of Dangerous Drugs,Possession of Narcotic Drugs, Possession of Paraphernalia X3, and Possession of firearm during felony. He remains in-custody on a $10,000 bond.
- Michael Allen Ellison, 40, Possession of Dangerous Drugs, Possession of Marijuana, and Possession of Paraphernalia.He remains in-custody on a $10,000 bond.
- John Boyce Turner, 50, Possession of Paraphernalia X2, and Possession of Marijuana. He was booked into the Camp Verde Detention Center and has since been released.
- Austin William Fourzan, 22, Possession of Paraphernalia X2, and Possession of Marijuana. Released.
- Dylan Ray Mills, 19, Possession of Paraphernalia X2 and Possession of Marijuana. Released
- Cody Lawrence Hemmer-Jackson, 21, Possession of Paraphernalia X2, and Possession of Marijuana. Released.
- Janelle Hockett, 21, Possession of Paraphernalia X2, and Possession of Marijuana. Released.
- Shawn Edward Oleary, 47, Possession of Dangerous Drugs, Possession of Marijuana, and Possession of Paraphernalia X2. Released