Verde Valley News – The Arizona Department of Transportation is advising drivers and area residents and businesses to plan for an overnight full closure of State Route 89A in Oak Creek Canyon from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. starting Thursday evening, Oct. 27, and ending Friday morning Oct. 28.
- SR 89A will be closed to all traffic traveling north from Sedona beginning at the Cave Springs Campground (milepost 386).
- DETOUR: Drivers on SR 89A traveling north to Flagstaff will use State Route 179 to Interstate 17.
- SR 89A will be closed to all traffic traveling south from Flagstaff beginning at the Oak Creek Vista Overlook (milepost 390).
- DETOUR: Drivers on SR 89A traveling south to Sedona will use I-17 to SR 179.
- 8-foot vehicle width and 30-foot length restrictions remain in place 24/7 for the duration of the project.
The overnight full closure is needed so crews can safely work on rehabilitating the Pumphouse Wash Bridge. The bridge work is one element of the SR 89A Oak Creek Canyon Improvements project, which also includes rockfall mitigation and erosion control.
The improvements are needed to continue maintaining safety and access along SR 89A. Please visit azdot.gov/SR89A for additional project information.