Clarkdale AZ (June 26, 2014) – Everyone is invited to celebrate Independents Week in Clarkdale from June 29 through July 6, 2014. The Town, in partnership with Local First Arizona, encourages support for the independent business people that help make our community unique and keep our local economy strong. When people spend money with local businesses, more of that money returns to the community. Small shifts in local spending can make a big difference so think about adding the following stops to your own Clarkdale Independents Day parade:
- Stop by Clarkdale Market or the Verde River Yacht Club for your morning cup of coffee. You can even get a breakfast burrito to go along with your coffee.
- Purchase tickets from the Copper Art Museum to use as gifts.
- Eat local. With Main Street Café, Su Casa, Nate’s Cowboy Café and the #1 Sandwich Shop, Clarkdale boosts a variety of choices.
- Treat yourself to a new hairstyle at Jessie’s Salon.
- Cool down after the 4th of July parade with an adult beverage at Four Eight Wineworks, the Newstand or the 10/12 Lounge.
- Spend some time rummaging around Treasure Junkies. You never know what you might find.
- Visit the Clarkdale Caboose for gift ideas that are all things Clarkdale.
- Spend some time at the Clarkdale Historical Society Museum to learn more of the fascinating history of our community.
- Don’t forget to pick up treats for your pets or herbs and vegetables for your garden at Olsen’s.
- Stop by Made in Clarkdale’s Corner Gallery to enjoy the current art show – Ellie Bauer in Retrospect – A Life of Art.
Visit the Local First Arizona website at http://www.localfirstaz.com/ to learn more about Independents Week and to ‘Take the Pledge’ to support local businesses.