Flagstaff AZ (February 11, 2014) – The Coconino National Forest will waive fees associated with many recreation sites and amenities on Feb. 15-17 in celebration of Presidents Day.
As part of this nationwide event, fees will be waived for the entire Red Rock Pass area including Palatki and Honanki Ruins, V Bar V Cultural Site and approximately 300 miles of multiple-use trails.
Concessionaire operated day-use sites may be included only if the concessionaire wishes to participate, so visitors are encouraged to contact the appropriate ranger station to determine which recreation sites will have fees waived.
Additional fee waiver days planned in 2014 include:
- June 14 (National Get Outdoors Day – nationwide)
- July 4-6 (Fourth of July Weekend – specific to Red Rock Ranger District only)
- Aug. 30-Sept. 1 (Labor Day Weekend – specific to Red Rock Ranger District only)
- Sept. 27 (National Public Lands Day – nationwide)
- Oct. 11-13 (Columbus Day Weekend – specific to Red Rock Ranger District only)
- Nov. 8-11 (Veterans Day Weekend – nationwide)
More information is available at ranger stations, including the Forest Supervisor’s Office at 928-527-3600, Flagstaff Ranger Station at 928-526-0866, Red Rock Ranger Station at 928-203-2900 and Blue Ridge Ranger Station at 928-477-2255.