Sedona News – The Arizona Department of Transportation advises Verde Valley area drivers to plan for daytime lane restrictions on State Route 179 beginning Monday, July 17, through Friday July 28.
Drivers should allow for extra travel time while the following daytime restrictions are in place from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, and 5 a.m. to noon on Fridays as needed:
- SR 179 will be narrowed to one lane only with alternating north- and southbound travel between I-17 and the Village of Oak Creek (mileposts 300 – 305).
- Flaggers and a pilot car will guide drivers through the work zone.
- The speed limit will be reduced in the work zone.
- Drivers should be prepared to come to a complete stop and expect delays while in the work zone.
- A 12-foot width restriction will be in place.
- The restrictions will be lifted each day after work hours.
- No work will take place on the weekends.
The restriction is needed so crews can safely remove vegetation in the ADOT right of way along this stretch of SR 179.