What’s Your Earth Month offering?
Verde Valley AZ (February 15, 2019) – Last year the Verde Valley Earth Day Extravaganza went all weekend surrounding Earth Day. We listed over 40 events with probably 1000 people participating.
This year, the Sustainability Alliance is declaring Earth Day Month, all April! One day or one weekend just doesn’t do Mother Nature justice!
What are you going to do? Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Businesses: offer discounts on related products or services (like rain barrels, Dark Sky lights, native plants or green cleaning services).
- Wineries: offer a tour highlighting your sustainability practices.
- Builders or individuals: host a sustainable home/garden tour; demonstrate how to compost, catch rainwater or attract butterflies.
- Restaurants: offer a special earth-friendly, plant-based meal.
- Charities/Municipalities: hold a presentation/demonstration or volunteer work party.
- Neighborhoods: do a clothing swap or seed exchange.
Go to www.VVEarthDay.com to register your offering or see what events are already listed.