Sedona AZ (June 10, 2014) – In celebration of National Get Outdoors Day, the Red Rock Ranger District will waive day-use fees on Saturday, June 14. All Red Rock Pass fee program sites will be free including Palatki, Honanki, V Bar V cultural sites, and Encinoso picnic area.
Areas not included in the fee waiver program are campgrounds and recreation sites managed under concession contract, including Grasshopper Point and Crescent Moon Ranch. West Fork of Oak Creek Trail/Call of the Canyon remains closed due to the recent Slide Fire.
Additional fee-free days planned later in the year include:
- July 4-6 (Fourth of July Weekend – specific to Red Rock Ranger District only)
- Aug. 30-Sept. 1 (Labor Day Weekend – specific to Red Rock Ranger District only)
- Sept. 27 (National Public Lands Day – nationwide)
- Oct. 11-13 (Columbus Day Weekend – specific to Red Rock Ranger District only)
- Nov. 8-11 (Veterans Day Weekend – nationwide)
For more information concerning fee free days, visit www.fs.fed.us/passespermits/. The Red Rock Visitor Center can also be reached at 928-203-2900.