By Virginia Volkman, Library Director
Sedona AZ (October 9, 2020) – Sedona Public Library is pleased to announce the launch of Tech2Go, a FREE technology lending service. With Tech2Go, Sedona Library cardholders will be able to check out Wi-Fi hotspots and Chromebook laptops for use at home or on the go.
Wi-Fi hotspots allow portable, wireless access to the internet on your tablet, smartphone, or laptop computer. Coverage may be limited in certain areas where there is no clear access to a nearby Sprint/T-Mobile tower. Each Wi-Fi hotspot can connect to four devices simultaneously.
Chromebooks are easy-to-use, lightweight laptops that run the Chrome operating system, which is similar to the Chrome web browser. They will be available to check out soon.
Borrowing Wi-Fi Hotspots:
- Patrons can check out devices with a valid YLN library card in good standing.
- Patrons must be 18 years or older.
- One hotspot per household.
- Simple instructions are included with each hotspot.
- Lending period is two weeks, with no renewals. If there are no holds, a hotspot can be checked out again, but it must be physically present for a subsequent checkout.
- Check the library’s catalog under the term “hotspot” to see if one is available to check out.
- Holds are allowed.
- Hotspots can be checked out only at Sedona Public Library (SPL) and must be returned to a staff member inside SPL by the due date. The hotspots may NOT be returned in the book drop. Patrons will be charged $3 for book drop returns.
- Late fee is $1 per day.
- Replacement costs: $100 for entire setup, $75 for hotspot, $15 for plug/cable, $15 for case.
Usage and Policies: Patrons must agree to the terms of the Wi-Fi Hotspot Checkout Agreement as well as comply with the Library’s Internet Usage Policy.
Sedona Public Library hotspots are paid for by a generous grant from the Arizona Community Foundation.
Sedona Public Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. The land on which our beautiful library sits was donated, and the library building was constructed with private funds and is entirely debt-free. Donations and grants allow us to continue to offer free and innovative services to residents and visitors. Your donation may be sent to: Sedona Public Library, 3250 White Bear Road, Sedona, AZ 86336, or you may donate online.