By Mary Cravets, Business Coach & Speaker
“There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.”
– Nelson Mandela
Sedona AZ (April 30, 2015) – You know what I’ve noticed?
People settle for small successes all the time. It is disheartening, because they leave so much opportunity, so much potential positive impact, and so much money on the table.
With all of that, why on earth would would anyone settle? For example,
- There is an emotionally happy charge that comes from any success – even small ones.
- You already know how to accomplish the small successes.
- You’ve mastered small successes so they don’t make your stomach drop and your palms sweat.
- Bottom line: small successes are easy and comfortable.
But guess what? If you think back, it’s likely the things you’ve accomplished up to today at one point scared the pants off you. Don’t hold back. You have so much more to offer, and so much more to gain.
So how do you move past the settling phase?
- Recognize when you’re settling.
- Be willing to be uncomfortable in the short term in order to create bigger successes in the long run.
- Decide on a big opportunity you want to go after.
- Create the action plan to get there.
- Implement it, even if it makes your palms sweat.
And don’t do it alone. Get a coach or mentor who can help you see the opportunities right in front of you. Every single person I coach is leaving money and opportunities on the table because they’re not getting a big-succes perspective within their own business.
Stop settling. You deserve and are capable of great things.
What big opportunity will you commit to going after today?