Camp Verde News – The theme for this year’s Summer Reading Program (SRP) is Oceans of Possibilities. The Children’s Library has put together 6 weeks of activities designed to encourage summer reading and help children keep learning through hands-on, informal STEM activities that promote creativity and discovery.
The season kicks off on Thursday, June 2 at 10:00a in the Library’s 1st-floor Terracotta Room with a memorable, fun-filled presentation by Jan Sandwich as Mother Goose. Using the theme, Oceans of Possibilities, she will interact with the children through stories, songs, magic, and more.
Children ages 0-12 are invited to participate in age-appropriate activities starting June 4 through July 16:
- 1:00p Saturday movie matinees for all ages.
- 2:00p Wednesday SRP STREAM Hour – Join Ms. Sally and Ms. Letty for hands-on science, technology, river, engineering, art, or math activities related to the SRP theme of Oceans of Possibilities for ages 6-12 years old.
- 3:15p Wednesday Ocean Art – Ms. Letty will lead you in creating unique art projects using florescent paints that will be added under black lights to a community art mural in the library walkway for ages 6-12 years old.
- 11:00a Thursdays Story Time with Ms. Letty and Guests focusing on stories, activities, and crafts that coordinate with the SRP theme, Oceans of Possibilities for ages 6 years and under.
- 4:00p Thursday Children’s Game Night using board games, dice games, card games, etc. available in the Children’s Library for families with children 12 years and under.
- 11:00a-3:00p Saturday Drop in and Play Legos using library Legos that have been sorted and sanitized regularly for families with children 12 years and under.
Scan the QR code for complete details about dates, times, and activities planned for the Summer Reading Program at Camp Verde Community Library. Sign-up online now or visit the Children’s Library after Memorial Day weekend to register children for the Summer Reading Program in person.
Library Specialist, Ms. Letty has ordered many new books in preparation for summer reading. Children can checkout books in the Children’s Library and will never be charged overdue fees for returning them late. Books and other library material can be dropped off at the drive-by Book Return any time day or night.
Camp Verde Community Library is located just off Montezuma Castle Highway at 130 N Black Bridge Loop Road. For more information about the library’s summer programs, contact Leticia Ancira at 928-554-8397 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org