Flagstaff AZ (May 30, 2014) – The National Park Service, working in cooperation with the U.S. Forest Service, intergovernmental agencies and tribal partners in Northern Arizona, will move to Stage II fire restrictions starting at 8 a.m., on Friday, May 30, 2014.
Stage II fire restrictions within the Flagstaff National Monuments prohibits the following:
- Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or stove fire, in the monuments.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building.
For additional fire information please visit the following websites:
- Arizona Fire Restrictions
- Arizona Fire Prevention & Information (fire restrictions & red flag alerts) http://wildlandfire.az.gov/
- Fire Restrictions on Public Lands in Arizona and New Mexico 1-877-864-6985
- Coconino NF Website www.fs.usda.gov/coconino
- Kaibab NF Website www.fs.usda.gov/kaiba
The National Park Service would like to remind everyone to be fire aware and use extra care when visiting your public lands.