Sedona AZ (January 29, 2016) – This February, Sedona Public Library is celebrating Love Your Library Month. It’s our way of encouraging you to take advantage of the many free services we offer and to demonstrate your support for the Library.
Do you love your library? Show your spirit all month by wearing a “Love Your Library” button. Get your free button at the main library in West Sedona or Sedona Public Library in the Village. Pick up your button today and show your pride. We want to see Love Your Library buttons all over town!
Haven’t been to the Library recently? Dust off your library card and come see what’s new. We have e-readers available for loan and free e-books to download to your own device. Check out our extensive collection of DVDs, including blockbuster movies, television series, and foreign films.
If you don’t have a library card, now is the perfect time to apply for one. Stop by either of our locations with your photo ID and proof of local residency. Your library card is free and will give you access to library materials at 42 libraries in the Yavapai Library Network.
Special Sunday hours on February 21:
Can’t make it to the Library during our regular hours? Stop by the main library on Sunday, February 21, from 1 to 4 p.m. to take advantage of our many services. You can also tap into your creativity, enjoy a cup of coffee, and relax, as we have fun exploring the coloring craze that is sweeping the nation.
Many programs to meet a variety of interests are planned for Love Your Library Month. These are some of the programs and displays offered at the main library on 3250 White Bear Road in February:
- Annual Quilt Show through February 27.
- Northern Arizona Watercolor Society display February 2 through 16.
- AARP tax help will be offered on a first-come first-served basis every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Free movie every Monday at 6 p.m. in the Si Birch Community Room.
- February 1 at 10:10 a.m.: Great Decisions Group will discuss the Middle East. Guests should register by calling 204-1125 or 282-3558. For information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- February 9 at 2 p.m.: Mystery Book Club
- February 11 at 6 p.m.: Arizona Humanities program on the Harlem Renaissance literary movement, presented by Gladys Preshenda Jackson, a fourth-generation storyteller, an award-winning poet, and a performing artist.
- February 12 at 10 a.m.: Coffee with a Vet
- February 17 at 7 p.m.: Northern Arizona Audubon Society welcomes guests to their program “Let’s Play Bird Games,” with Nanette Armstrong.
- February 21 at 1:30 p.m.: Oak Creek Apples offers an iPhone/iPad workshop. Preregistration is required; send email to email@example.com
- February 22 at 10:10 a.m.: Great Decisions Group will discuss the future of Kurdistan.
Join us for the following programs in the Village of Oak Creek:
- February 10 at 1:30 p.m. at Sedona Winds: Arizona Humanities program on African American Pioneers of Arizona, presented by Akua Duku Anokye, Associate Professor of Africana Language, Literature, and Culture at Arizona State University.
- February 17, from 5 to 7 p.m.: Open House at the new library location at 51 Bell Rock Plaza. Stop by for refreshments and enter the raffle to win a Kindle Fire.
- February 23 at 1:30 at Sedona Winds: Book discussion of “Water for Elephants.”
Sedona Public Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Donations and grants allow us to continue to offer free and innovative services to residents and visitors. Your tax-deductible donation may be sent to: Sedona Public Library, 3250 White Bear Road, Sedona, AZ 86336.