Cottonwood AZ (January 31, 2017) – Verde Valley Fire District responded to a report of a house fire on the 3200 block of E. Grand View Drive on Sunday January 29th, at 10:45am. The crew arrived to find a residential approximately 50% involved. Because of heavy fire and smoke conditions the first due crew went into an offensive mode and then transition into a defensive mode.
All occupants and pets were reported to be out of the home upon arrival. A primary searched confirmed everyone was out.
The cause of the fire appeared to be due to careless cooking. The occupant did suffer minor burns and was treated and transported to Verde Valley Medical Center. There were no other injuries.
Verde Valley Fire District was assisted for operations and backfilling our stations by Cottonwood Fire and Medical Departent, Sedona Fire District, Copper Canyon Fire and Medical Authority, Verde Valley Ambulance Company, YSCO, Unisource, APS, Cottonwood Water Department, and TIP.
Verde Valley Fire District would like to remind everyone to use extreme caution while cooking and never leave your cooking unattended.