Sedona AZ (August 31, 2017) – The Parks and Recreation and Public Works departments have set the start of construction for long-awaited improvements to the Sedona Dog Park.
Work will begin, and the park will be closed, beginning Sept. 11. Construction is scheduled to last approximately 60 days and the park is scheduled to reopen to the public on Nov. 11. Closing the park is necessary to ensure the safety of pets and people. Construction will also affect a small portion of the Sunrise Trail near the southern end of the park, and trail traffic will be rerouted to ensure hiker safety.
The improvement plan was created with community input, and calls for spending $228,548 on a number of improvements to the facility located at Posse Grounds Park, 525 Posse Ground Rd. The finished project will feature:
- Grading and installation of catch basins to address water runoff and drainage issues.
- Entrance, walkway and fencing improvements.
- A new dog play area with artificial turf and decomposed granite.
- New drinking fountains and hose bibs for pet watering in both the small and large dog areas.
- Addition of eight new off-street parking spaces, two of them accessible.
The city will provide regular updates and share progress photos and video on the Parks and Recreation Department Facebook page at Facebook.com/SedonaParksandRec and on a dedicated upgrades web page, sedonaaz.gov/dogparkupgrades.
See the design plan (4mb PDF).
See the construction flier notice (PDF).