Sedona AZ (January 8, 2016) – The Red Rock Ranger District of the Coconino National Forest will waive fees associated with many recreation sites and amenities Jan. 16-18 in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
As part of this nationwide event, fees will be waived for all Red Rock Pass Fee Program sites including Palatki, Honanki, V Bar V Cultural sites, and multiple trailheads.
Areas not included in the fee waiver program are campgrounds and recreation sites managed under concession contract, including Grasshopper Point, Crescent Moon Ranch and West Fork (Call o’ the Canyon).
In addition to the fee-free days recognized nationally and Martin Luther King Jr. Day, the district has incorporated additional days into their local fee waiver program for 2016, which include:
- 13-15: Presidents Day weekend—specific to Red Rock District only
- May 28-30: Memorial Day weekend—specific to Red Rock District only
- June 11: National Get Outdoors Day—nationwide
- July 2-4: Fourth of July weekend—specific to Red Rock District only
- 3-5: Labor Day weekend—specific to Red Rock District only
- 24: National Public Lands Day—nationwide
- 8-10: Columbus Day weekend—specific to Red Rock District only
- 11-13: Veteran’s Day—nationwide/but the weekend is specific to Red Rock District only
- 24: Thanksgiving Day—specific to Red Rock District only
- 26: Day after Christmas—specific to Red Rock District only
For more information about fee free days on the Red Rock District, contact the Red Rock Visitor Center at 928-203-2900.