Cottonwood AZ (July 20, 2017) – On July 18, 2017, the Partners Against Narcotics Trafficking Task Force (P.A.NT.) served a search warrant in the 3300 block of E. Colorado St. in Cottonwood, AZ.
Over the past few weeks, P.A.N.T. Detectives have received several tips regarding this residence and its occupants being involved in drug sales. As a result, detectives developed probable cause and obtained a search warrant for the location to investigate illegal drug use and drug sales occurring from the E. Colorado Street home.
At approximately 5:45 AM, hours P.A.N.T. Detectives, along with personnel from the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office, served the warrant and found 10 people in the residence and trailers on the property. Among those detained were 26-year-old Amanda Loomis, 59-year-old Cynthia Hawley, 52-year-old Eric Hawley, 51-year-old Carl Mattson, 51-year-old Larry Wade, 27-year-old Kelsey Guerrero and 33-year-old Robert Schield. All are from Cottonwood except for Schield who listed a Camp Verde address.
During a search of the residence and trailers, Detectives located usable quantities of methamphetamine, black tar heroin and an assortment of related drug paraphernalia to include, methamphetamine pipes and bongs, a marijuana pipe, a digital scale, numerous used hypodermic syringes, cotton wads, snort tubes and numerous plastic baggies with methamphetamine and marijuana residue.
Based upon the investigation, 7 of the 10 individuals detained were arrested, and booked at the Camp Verde Detention Center for the following charges;
- Cynthia Hawley; Possession of Dangerous Drugs, Possession of Dangerous Drugs for Sale, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Remains in-custody on a $10,000 bond.
- Larry Wade; Possession of Dangerous Drugs, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Remains in-custody on a $10,000 bond.
- Amanda Loomis; Possession of Dangerous Drugs, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Held without bond regarding a court order violation.
- Kelsey Guerrero; Possession of Narcotic Drugs, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. She has since been released pending further investigation.
- Carl Mattson; Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (2 counts). He has since been released pending further investigation.
- Eric Hawley; Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. He has since been released pending further investigation.
- Robert Schield; Camp Verde Municipal Court Warrant and remains in-custody.
Yavapai County Developmental Services was contacted in regard to the overall condition of the residence and responded to assess the structure. A determination was made that the structure in its present state was not suitable to inhabit and notice was served precluding anyone from living there if and/or until repairs are made.
Citizens can contact the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office with information or questions at 928-771-3260 or the YCSO website: www.ycsoaz.gov