Sedona AZ (January 6, 2016) – Due to the resignation of Councilor Angela LeFevre effective Jan. 8, 2016, the Sedona City Council is accepting applications to fill a vacant Council seat. The term for this vacancy will end November 2016, when the newly elected Councilors are seated following the Fall 2016 election cycle. Applications for this vacancy will be accepted beginning Monday, Jan. 11, 2016.
Qualifications for seeking appointment to City Council are:
- Must be a *qualified elector.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to speak, write, and read the English language.
- Must reside within the Sedona City limits for one year preceding the appointment.
- A person convicted of a felony cannot serve as a Council member until his/her civil rights have been restored.
- A person adjudicated an “incapacitated person” cannot serve as a Council member.
*NOTE – A qualified elector must possess all of the following qualifications:
Be a United States citizen,
Be a registered voter,
Be 18 years of age or more on or before the regular general election next following his registration,
Have the ability to write one’s name or make his mark unless prevented by physical disability.
Applications are available at the City Clerk’s office, located at Sedona City Hall, 102 Roadrunner Drive. The deadline to submit applications is Thursday, Jan. 28, 2016 at 5 p.m. in the City Clerk’s office. Applications received after this deadline will not be included in the Council’s selection process.
For additional information, please contact the City Clerk’s office at 282-3113 or email Irvine@SedonaAZ.gov.