Cottonwood AZ (October 4, 2018) – On Monday October 1, 2018 about 1:30 PM, Verde Valley Fire Units were dispatched to the area of FS Road 147 (Big Notti Beach Rd) for a Motor Home on fire. On arrival units found a motor home parked in the desert area with an active fire and smoke on the interior of the unit. The occupant was outside and was not injured.
The occupant stated he was cooking and the kitchen caught fire from bacon grease.
Units extinguished the fire and secured the motor home.
This is a reminder, anytime you are cooking, always have a fire extinguisher available for immediate use. Cooking fire can get out of hand very quickly.