By Virginia Volkman, Director
Sedona AZ (February 2, 2018) – This February, Sedona Public Library is celebrating Love Your Library Month. It’s our way of encouraging you to take advantage of the many free services we offer and for you to demonstrate your support for the Library.
Show your spirit all month by wearing a “Love Your Library” button. Get your free button at the main library in West Sedona (3250 White Bear Rd.) or Sedona Public Library in the Village (51A Bell Rock Plaza). Pick up your button today and show your pride.
Haven’t been to the Library recently? Dust off your library card and come see what’s new. Discover our collection of free e-books to download to your own device. Check out our extensive collection of DVDs, including blockbuster movies, television series, and foreign films.
If you don’t have a library card, now is the perfect time to apply for one. Stop by either of our locations with your photo ID and proof of local residency. Your library card is free and will give you access to over one million library materials at 42 libraries in the Yavapai Library Network.
Lost your card? During February we are waiving the $5 replacement card fee. So stop in and get a new card, completely free of charge.
Many programs to meet a variety of interests are planned for Love Your Library Month. These are some of the programs and displays offered at the main library in February:
- Annual Quilt Show through February 15
- Northern Arizona Watercolor Society display February 2 through 24
- AARP tax help will be offered on a first-come first-served basis every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Free movie on Mondays at 6 p.m. in the Si Birch Community Room: February 5, “Stronger”; February 12, “Marshall”;February 26, “Goodbye, Christopher Robin”
- February 5 at 10:10 a.m.: Great Decisions Group
- February 6 & 20 at 2 p.m.: French Conversation Class
- February 7 from 1 to 3 p.m.: Valentine Craft Activities for all ages
- February 9 at 10 a.m.: Coffee with a Veteran
- February 13 at 2 p.m.: Library Book Club discusses “Lincoln in the Bardo”
- February 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Northern Arizona Healthcare Free Health Screening
- February 15 at 6 p.m.: Northern Arizona Healthcare “Women and Heart Disease” Lecture
- February 21 at 10:30 a.m.: Northern Arizona Healthcare “Proactive Medicine” Lecture
- February 23 at 5 p.m.: Music and Poetry Valentine Celebration
- Story times on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings
- English as a Second Language Classes and Conversational Spanish on Wednesday nights
Join us for the following programs in the Village of Oak Creek:
- February 5 at 1:30 p.m. at Church of the Nazarene: Arizona Humanities program “African American Art, Fort Huachuca and World War II,” presented by Dr. Betsy Fahlman
- February 27 at 1:30 p.m. at Sedona Winds: Book discussion of “Flight Behavior” by Barbara Kingsolver
Sedona Public Library is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation. Donations and grants allow us to continue to offer free and innovative services to residents and visitors. Your tax-deductible donation may be sent to: Sedona Public Library, 3250 White Bear Road, Sedona, AZ 86336.