Travois recognized housing and economic development professionals in Indian Country
Camp Verde AZ (May 20, 2017) – Danny Chatter, maintenance supervisor for Yavapai-Apache Nation Tribal Housing, was named Pillar Professional of the Year at the 17th Annual Travois Affordable Housing & Economic Development Conference. Four outstanding industry professionals and an American Indian tribe were recognized at a Superhero Awards luncheon on April 5 in Austin, Texas.
Danny Chatter plays a key role in building the Yavapai-Apache Nation as a key employee of the housing department. He knows how to manage a project, stretch a dollar, and collaborate with others to achieve results. He supervises a staff of 15, has a full workload, and is always available to lend a helping hand.
“Throughout the Yavapai-Apache Nation, tenants and co-workers have the utmost confidence and respect for Chatter,” said Crystal Banks-Mann, Travois assistant director of asset management, who presented the award. “His knowledge, character and integrity are on display daily. He’s a true team player. He’s known to tackle the impossible again and again.”
Chatter thanked the crowd at the luncheon and offered his thoughts once he returned home:
“Travois, I’m thankful for your inspiration to make a positive impact on Native American families across the country,” Chatter said. “Your hospitality and service is the best.”
2017 Superhero Awards winners:
- Housing Professional of the Year: Floyd Tortalita, executive director for Pueblo of Acoma Housing Authority; Acoma Pueblo, NM
- Economic Development Professional of the Year: Ho-Chunk Inc. and Lance Morgan, president and CEO of Ho-Chunk Inc.; Winnebago, NE
- Pillar Professional of the Year: Danny Chatter, maintenance supervisor for Yavapai-Apache Nation Tribal Housing; Camp Verde, AZ
- Haven Professional of the Year: Jean Defoe, finance manager for Red Cliff Chippewa Housing Authority; Bayfield, WI
- Project Team of the Year: Red Lake Reservation Housing Authority; Red Lake, MN