Sedona AZ (September 16, 2020) – Starting Sept. 24, 2020, the city of Sedona’s Parks and Recreation Department will bring back Yappy Hour. It will be held Thursdays, 9 to 10 a.m., on the multi-use field in Posse Grounds Park.
This is the opportunity for your four-legged friend to run and socialize with other dogs. Per city code and park rules, dogs are not allowed on the athletic fields and are required to be on a leash, but during Yappy Hour, participants get to bend those rules.
For the safety of participants, the following new COVID-19 considerations and safety protocols have been implemented:
- Dog owners must physically distance at least six feet. If not able to maintain the six-foot distance, dog owners must wear a face covering recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- If a dog owner is not feeling well or is experiencing any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms, they should stay home.
- Sharing of dog toys or other equipment is discouraged.
- Owners are responsible to provide their own water bowls, toys/equipment, etc.
- It is highly recommended dog owners wash their hands before and after.
As a courtesy, please do not arrive prior to start time as participants will not be allowed on the field until 9 a.m.
Other important tips to remember and share with fellow dog owners so that the program continues are: all dog park rules apply and owners are responsible for the safety and behavior of their dogs, including picking up after their pets and observing city code and park rules outside of Yappy Hour. If there is a high volume of violators using the fields during non-program hours, or participants are not following COVID-19 protocols, this program will be discontinued.
For more information and to review the rules in full detail, visit www.sedonaaz.gov/parks.