Sedona AZ (August 7, 2021) – The Arizona Department of Transportation is advising motorists to plan for delays due to daytime lane restrictions along a six-mile stretch of State Route 179 north of Interstate 17 starting on Monday, Aug. 9, as crews perform maintenance on the roadway. The work will continue on weekdays through Friday, Sept. 10.
Drivers should slow down, proceed through the work zone with caution and watch for construction personnel and equipment while the following restrictions are in place from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. (2 p.m. on Fridays):
- SR 179 will be restricted to one lane only of alternating north- and southbound travel from milepost 299 to 305.
- Work will be performed in 1.25-mile segments.
- Drivers should be prepared to stop.
- Flaggers and a pilot car will direct motorists through the work zone.
- The speed limit will be reduced to 25 mph.
Schedules are subject to change based on weather and other unforeseen factors. For more information, please call the ADOT Bilingual Project Information Line at 855.712.8530 or go to azdot.gov/contact and select Projects from the drop-down menu. For real-time highway conditions statewide, visit ADOT’s Traveler Information Site at www.az511.gov, Need to know where a milepost is? Click on the “Mile Markers” icon on the map at www.az511,com. Follow ADOT on Twitter (@ArizonaDOT) or call 511, except while driving.