By Virginia Volkman, Director
Sedona AZ (January 21, 2016) – This month we’re focusing on the many ways Sedona Public Library connects you to art and culture. If you haven’t yet taken advantage of the Culture Pass Program, we invite you to stop by and check out a pass to receive free admission for two people to one of 19 museums or cultural attractions in Arizona.
In order to take advantage of the program you’ll need to have a library card. Passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis, with a limit of one pass per cardholder at a time. You can check our catalog to see if a pass is available for checkout.
Here’s how it works:
- Look for the Culture Pass Program display located at the Library on White Bear Road.
- Find a laminated card for the destination in which you’re interested.
- Take the card to the reference desk.
- Staff will give you a date-due slip admitting two people for one visit to that museum or cultural institution during the following seven days. You do not need to return the slip; it will expire on its own.
Passes may be limited to general admission, and special exhibits and events may not be covered. Please check with your destination for restrictions prior to your visit. On our website (sedonalibrary.org) you’ll find a link to the website for each participating institution.
Participating destinations in the Phoenix area are:
- Arizona Historical Society Museum at Papago Park
- Cave Creek Museum
- Challenger Space Center
- Desert Caballeros Western Museum
- Desert Botanical Garden
- Halle Heart Children’s Museum
- Heard Museum
- Phoenix Art Museum
- Pueblo Grande Museum & Archaeological Park
- Rosson House Museum
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art
Participating destinations in Northern Arizona are:
- Arcosanti (Cordes Junction)
- Arboretum of Flagstaff
- Lowell Observatory
- Pioneer Museum
- Route 66 Museum / Mohave Museum / Bonelli House (3 in 1 pass)
- Sedona Heritage Museum
Two of the destination points operate seasonally. The Arboretum at Flagstaff is open May through October. Cave Creek Museum is open October through May.
The Culture Pass is completely free of charge and available to library cardholders thanks to the generous support of the Kemper and Ethel Marley Foundation.
Sedona Public Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Donations and grants allow us to continue to offer free and innovative services to residents and visitors. If you’d like to help support the Library’s arts and cultural programming, your tax-deductible donation may be sent to: Sedona Public Library, 3250 White Bear Road, Sedona, AZ 86336.