Sedona AZ (August 16, 2019) – In 2000, Kevin Hines attempted to take his life by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge. Many factors contributed to his miraculous survival including a sea lion which kept him afloat until the Coast Guard arrived. Kevin now travels the world speaking about suicide prevention by sharing his story of hope, healing and recovery while teaching people of all ages the art of wellness and the ability to survive pain with true resilience.
Kevin Hines will be the featured speaker at the Mental Health Coalition Verde Valley’s 2019 Summit on Friday, September 20, 7:30AM-3PM at the Camp Verde School Complex, 210 Camp Lincoln Rd, Camp Verde AZ. The theme of the Summit is “Suicide Prevention: How to Shift the Paradigm from Dying to Living.” The Summit is open to the public and the cost is $25 which includes workshops, lunch and the Kevin Hines talk.
Registration begins at 7:30AM in the Phillip England Performing Arts Center and the Summit begins at 8AM with a welcome by Barbara Litrell, President of the Mental Health Coalition Verde Valley, and an opening address by Carol Landauer, LPC, and member of the Coalition Board.
From 8:45AM until 12:15PM, 8 “Stayin’ Alive Workshops” will be repeated three times allowing each participant the opportunity to attend three workshops. Lunch will be available in the Cafeteria at 12:15PM and Kevin Hines will speak in the Auditorium at 1PM.
The one hour workshops are scheduled for 8:45AM, 10AM, and 11:15AM and they reflect the principles that Kevin Hines will later refer to when he talks about his struggle to stay alive and thrive every day.
The 8 workshops and their leaders include:
1. Mindfulness: Opening to Every Moment with Curiosity and Acceptance – Carol Landauer LPC
2. Creativity & The Arts: Writing a Love Song to Life – David Simmons, President, UBU Project
3. Build Connections Quickly: Listen, Accept & Encourage – Larry Levenson, Boys to Men AZ
4. How to Achieve Restful, Restorative Sleep – Marie-Josephine Royall-Schreck, RN
5. Find Your-Self in Nature – Robin Weeks, PhD
6. Your Gut as the Gateway to Wellness – Shawna Bowen, M.A. Counseling Psychology
7. Body, Rhythm, & Soul: Movement to Enhance Mental & Physical Health – Wendy Lindahl, M.A.
8. Serve Others, Serve Yourself – Barbara Litrell, Mental Health Coalition Verde Valley
To register, go online to www.brownpapertickets.com/event/4279975 or call Barbara Litrell at 928-649-0135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.