By Anne Marie Mackler, Development Director
Sedona AZ (February 15, 2019) –
February is a perfect time to remember the value of libraries and to support the one you love the most: Sedona Public Library. “Show your love” by using, promoting and contributing to the Library. Here are 28 tips, one for each day of the month.
Use Our Services: We have many, but there are several you might not know.
- Going on vacation? Lighten your suitcase and download a book.
- Need a room for a club meeting? We’ve got you covered at the best rates in town.
- Take a walk down memory lane with easy access to microfilm copies of Sedona Red Rock News going way back.
- Do you commute? Ease the headache of heavy traffic while listening to a favorite novel or author.
- Borrow a romantic comedy, and watch it with your honey, in Spanish or English.
- Speaking of romance, plan an affordable date with that special someone. Stroll through local artist Mike Medow’s “Whimsical Village,” then enjoy Northern Arizona Watercolor Society’s art show. Next, take a selfie with T-Rex and finally, watch a movie like Bohemian Rhapsody or The Wife. All for free!
- Need to chill? Sit at our community jigsaw puzzle – how many pieces can you find?
- When the kids are driving you crazy, plan a family afternoon. Begin at Sunset Park and follow the StoryWalk path, then head to the Library where the kids can play games and you can catch up on your reading.
- Behind on your New Year’s resolution? Remember, you can learn a new language with our online software.
- Enjoy reading national newspapers in print? Consider getting comfy with the New York Times or Wall Street Journal.
Promote: We’re a small town, and word of mouth is vital to spreading good news.
- Come in and get to know us, take a tour, ask a hard question, then tell your friends what you learned.
- Make our day! When you’re here, tell us why you love the Library or how we’ve helped you out.
- We like you! Like us back on Facebook, and share posts about our programs, and then share again. What’s not to like?
- Talk is cheap! Tell friends and new neighbors about the free services you’ve used, and what programs you attended.
- Write a letter to the editor about the many ways our services made a difference in your life.
- Visit sedonalibrary.org and sign up for our e-newsletter, it’s mobile friendly!
Contribute: We’re unusual amongst libraries as we’re a 501c3, dependent on your support, and there are many ways to show your love.
- It’s easy to donate at sedonalibrary.org/donate.
- Love our magazine section? Why not donate the subscription cost for your favorites?
- Honor your loved ones by donating leaves for our Grandchildren’s Tree.
- Want to love us forever? You can. Remember us in your estate plan.
- Buy baguettes at Wildflower of Sedona because a portion of proceeds come to the Library.
- Are you a local business that would like to offer a portion of your proceeds to the Library? Give me a call.
- Love us monthly! Recurring gifts are a sustainable way to support our free services and programs.
- Put your name on it! Join the donors listed outside our entryway.
- Ask your employer about matching charitable gifts and make us the recipient.
- Shop at the Friends Used Book Store – their mission is to support us, so buy a book or two.
- Drop a fiver in one of our donation boxes.
- Oh, and librarians and volunteers? They love chocolate.