By Leslie M. Hoffman, Yavapai County Recorder
Prescott AZ (July 31, 2020) – All 25 Vote Centers are scheduled to be open on Election Day, August 4th at 6 am and will remain open until 7 pm. Any Yavapai County voter can choose to vote at any Yavapai County Vote Center. There is no assigned place to vote. A list of Vote Centers can be found on our website at: https://yavapai.us/GoVote.
We are supplying each Vote Center with a “hygiene kit” which contains:
For poll workers:
- Cloth face masks
- Face shields
- Disposable gloves
- Floor tape for establishing social distance lines
- “Take a number” system to maintain social distancing and limit the number of voters in the Vote Center at one time
- Disinfectant/Paper Towels/Cleaning Cloths
- Disinfection Bin – to sanitize pens, secrecy sleeves, etc.
- Disposable masks
- Disposable Headset Ear Covers – for use with the touch screen
- Disposable Finger Cots – for use with the poll book check in station and the touch screen
- Pens – Although voters are encouraged to bring their own blue or black ink pen
There will be a hand sanitizer for everyone.
We will be cleaning surfaces, pens and equipment, between voters and cleaning frequently touched surfaces such as doors and poll booths.
We have a person stationed at each location to monitor the number of people voting at any one time, being aware of social distancing recommendations.
Voters can help by wearing a mask or cloth face covering, maintaining social distance from others and using the disposable items provided. Masks are not required; however, we are strongly encouraging their use.
Please be aware – If enough poll workers do not show up to staff the Vote Centers, we may be forced to close certain locations on Election Day. A sign will be posted on the Vote Center entrance rerouting voters. This would not be our ideal scenario, but we would like voters to be prepared.
For more information regarding this news release, please contact Leslie M. Hoffman, Yavapai County Recorder at (928) 771-3248. Follow us: twitter.com/YavapaiRecorder and