Cottonwood AZ (January 30, 2018) – Sunday January 29th at approximately 12:02 am the Verde Valley Fire District responded to a residential fire on the 1300 block of E. Bow Maker in the Verde Villages. While enroute the Engine crew upgraded the incident to a working fire protocol due to the visible heavy smoke and fire.
Crews went into a defensible mode to extinguish the fire.
Verde Valley Fire District was assisted with Cottonwood Fire Medical Department, Verde Valley Ambulance Company, and YCSO. Crews were on scene for approximate 1.5 hours and there were no injuries. The single occupant of the RV had stated that he was asleep in the RV and was woken up by the smell of smoke. He noticed that the space heater being use was on fire. The occupant exited the RV and informed his son who lives in the main residence that the space heater in the RV was on fire and spreading. 911 were called. When the fire crews arrived the RV was fully involved.
VVFD would like remind everyone to make sure your space heaters are inspected and safe to use. Also, to make sure you have working smoke detectors.