Yavapai County News – MATFORCE, a primary prevention coalition focused on stopping youth drug use before it starts, has partnered again this year with local law enforcement agencies to host medication takeback events throughout Yavapai County.
Since 2008 almost 38,000 pounds of medication have been collected and properly disposed of through Dump the Drugs events and drop box locations throughout Yavapai County. That’s about 2-1/2-times as heavy as a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Takeback events are a convenient way for community members to dispose of expired or unwanted medications. The events will be held on Saturday, April 30, 2022, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at seven locations.
Prescott Area Locations:
- Chino Valley Police Dept. | 1950 Voss Drive, Chino Valley
- Yavapai College – Prescott Campus | 1100 E. Sheldon Street, Bldg. 28, Prescott
- Prescott Valley Police Dept. | 7601 E. Skoog Blvd., Prescott Valley
- Yavapai County Sheriff ’s Office | 4155 W. Outer Loop Road, Ste. B, Prescott
Verde Valley Area Locations:
- Cottonwood Police Dept. | 199 S. 6th Street, Cottonwood
- Clarkdale Police Dept. | 49 N. 9th Street, Clarkdale
- Camp Verde Marshal’s Office | 646 S. 1st Street, Camp Verde
For more information about this event or MATFORCE visit matforce.org.