By Virginia Volkman, Director
Sedona AZ (January 27, 2017) – This February, Sedona Public Library is celebrating Love Your Library Month. It’s our way of encouraging you to take advantage of the many free services we offer and for you to demonstrate your support for the Library.
Show your spirit all month by wearing a “Love Your Library” button. Get your free button at the main library in West Sedona (3250 White Bear Rd.) or Sedona Public Library in the Village (51A Bell Rock Plaza). Pick up your button today and show your pride. We want to see Love Your Library buttons all over town!
Haven’t been to the Library recently? Dust off your library card and come see what’s new. We have e-readers available for loan and free e-books to download to your own device. Check out our extensive collection of DVDs, including blockbuster movies, television series, and foreign films.
f you don’t have a library card, now is the perfect time to apply for one. Stop by either of our locations with your photo ID and proof of local residency. Your library card is free and will give you access to over one million library materials at 42 libraries in the Yavapai Library Network.
Lost your card? During February we are waiving the $5 replacement card fee. So stop in and get a new card, completely free of charge.
Many programs to meet a variety of interests are planned for Love Your Library Month. These are some of the programs and displays offered at the main library in February:
- Annual Quilt Show through February 25
- Northern Arizona Watercolor Society display February 6 through 18
- AARP tax help will be offered on a first-come first-served basis every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Free movie on Mondays at 6 p.m. in the Si Birch Community Room: February 6, “A Man Called Ove”; February 13, “The Light Between Oceans”; February 27, “Queen of Katwe”
- February 5 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Red Cross Blood Drive in the Si Birch Community Room
- February 6 at 10:10 a.m.: Great Decisions Group will discuss The Future of Europe. Guests should register by calling 928-282-3558
- February 8 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Northern Arizona Healthcare Free Health Screening
- February 10 at 10 a.m.: Coffee with a Vet
- February 10 at 6 p.m.: Music and Poetry Valentine Celebration
- February 14 at 2 p.m.: Mystery Book Club
- February 15 at 7 p.m.: Northern Arizona Audubon Society welcomes guests to their program “Birding Trips to Spain and Bulgaria” with Terry Blows
- February 27 at 10:10 a.m.: Great Decisions Group will discuss Saudi Arabia in Transition. Guests should register by calling 928-282-3558
Join us for the following programs in the Village of Oak Creek:
- February 8 at 1:30 p.m. at Church of the Nazarene: Arizona Humanities program “Sedona: From Cucumbers to Leavenworth,” presented by Lisa Schnebly Heidinger
- February 23 at 1:30 at Sedona Winds: Book discussion of“Unbroken” by Laura Hillenbrand
Sedona Public Library is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation. Donations and grants allow us to continue to offer free and innovative services to residents and visitors. Your tax-deductible donation may be sent to: Sedona Public Library, 3250 White Bear Road, Sedona, AZ 86336.